Friday, December 30, 2011

The Alison Rules Review

The Alison Rules
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I love all of Catherine Clarks other books (Truth or Dairy, Wurst Case Scenario, and so on), but at first I didn't really like this book. THE ALISON RULES is a more serious book, and because of that it starts off a little slowly. But after a while, it begins to pick up, and I couldn't put the book down.
THE ALISON RULES is about high school sophomore Alison and her best friend Laurie. Not long ago, Alison's mother died, and she's having a heck of a time coping. Laurie's the funny, outgoing, playful one - and she tries to get Alison to cope, but she's not overly pushy. Alison is more introverted and quiet, and she thinks that just avoiding everything that reminds her of her mom will make her pain go away.
Halfway through the school year Patrick Kirk (or Patrick Kirkpatrick, as Laurie calls him) transferrs into their geometry class. The two girls befriend him, and also start to fall for him.
On a class trip to Boston, Laurie tells Patrick how Alison's mom died (this is how the reader finds out, as well) and then the two girls are in a huge arguement. But a little while later, something happens that will - oddly enough - help Alison learn how to cope with losing her mom.
THE ALISON RULES is an amazing book - its more serious than Ms. Clark's other books, but its also more touching and heartfelt. I couldn't put it down after a while. Warning: you might want to keep a box of Kleenex handy - I was crying like a baby during this book.
Overall grade - A+

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Alison Rules



Buy Now

Click here for more information about The Alison Rules

No comments:

Post a Comment